Notice of Annual General Meeting and Election of Directors for 2015/16
May 20, 2015
The Annual General Meeting of the Balmain Sailing Club will be held in the clubhouse commencing 10am on Sunday 12 July 2015.
Election of persons to fill vacant directors roles will take place at the meeting.
The BSC has 8 directors of which 4 are required to be elected each year for a period of 2 years. This allows for continuity in the committee.
Positions which will be declared vacant and for which nominations are called are:
- Current Director Infrastructure (Lyn Evans) has indicated that she will not contest this election
- Current Secretary ( Michael Meehan) has indicated that he will contest this election
- Current Director Sailing ( Simon Oliver) has indicated that he will contest this election
- Current Director Future Directions (Bob Connolly) will resign and not contest this election
- Director Revenue is currently vacant and open for election
Members wishing to nominate to contest the election are required to submit their nomination no later than 10am Sunday 28 June 2015. Nominations may be made by email to email@example.com, or may be delivered to the club office for the attention of the Club Secretary. The nomination should include a short outline of their experience and why members should vote for them. This will be included in an edition of the BSC e-newsletter prior to the election.